Swim Team Information
Montgomery Makos – Ages 5-18
The Montgomery Makos Swim Team accommodates a team of 130 members ages 5 to 18.
- Practice: Summer practices run between 7:30 – 10:45 a.m. for one hour, depending on age and skill level.
- Competition: The swim team is a member of the Tri-County Swim League and will be participating in six to seven season meets, local swim invitationals, and league championships. Participants must be able to swim 25 meters freestyle, submerge, feel comfortable in deep water and be a current member of the municipal pool. Team size is limited to 120 members with a certain maximum of swimmers per age group (5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-18).
- The team will be staffed by a new head coach in 2022 and three assistant coaches as well as an adequate number of lifeguards.
- Volunteering: see the section below.
- Cost: $110 per swimmer, plus a Full Season Pool Membership. (Special pricing for teen swimmers available)
Each family is required to fulfill 5 volunteer slots throughout the season. A $75 service hour deposit is required and refunded at the end of the season if you fulfill this requirement.
Mini Makos – Ages 4-6
(This program is to be determined for 2022)
Previous Year Information:
- Practice: Two days per week, Mondays and Wednesdays, from 10:15 –11:45 a.m. for six weeks
- Competition: Participants finish with a ‘race’ in mid-July, date to be determined.
- Cost: $60 for 12 practices. Pool membership required.
- Maximum of 12 participants, minimum of 4.
Due to logistical issues and space, the Junior Makos will not be offered in 2022.