Mental Health and Wellness is a growing concern in our families, community, and nation. The 2020 pandemic only exacerbated these concerns. Montgomery City Council and staff are committed to being change agents in de-stigmatizing mental illness and increasing awareness, advocacy and education of mental health and wellbeing. The City is working on creating programming, content, and outreach efforts to support this initiative.
- Mental Health Emergency and Suicide Lifeline: 988
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: suicidepreventionlifeline.org or 800-273-8255
- Mobile Crisis Team: 513-584-5098
- Mental Health Access Point: mentalhealthaccesspoint.org or 513-558-8888
- Mental Health & Recovery Services: hcmhrsb.org or 513-281-2273
- Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services: gcbhs.com or 513-354-5200
- Recovery Center of Hamilton County: recoverycenterhc.org or 513-241-1411
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): nami.org or 800-950-6264
- Montgomery Police Department: montgomeryohio.gov or 513-985-1600
- Alcoholics Anonymous: https://alcoholicsanonymous.com/
Why a Bluebird?
The bluebird symbolizes hope, love, and renewal in many cultures. Even in the harshest climates, when bluebirds have a scarcity of food, they will manage to sing cheerfully. It is a sign that you should never lose faith, even in your darkest hours. You must hold to the belief that it will all be alright in the end.