Funeral arrangements must be coordinated through the City of Montgomery. The City must be notified forty eight (48) hours before interment.
- A “Burial-Transit Permit” for the deceased person must be provided by the funeral home.
- For Cremations, a Cremation Certificate & Death Certificate are required prior to burial.
- Interments are done Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to Noon. No arrivals will be permitted after these times. There are no Sunday, or City recognized holiday, or holiday week-end burials. Upon a showing that exigent circumstances exists or that a hardship would result, the City can waive the burial restriction on Sundays and city-recognized holidays.
- Charges from services are shown on the Rate Schedule and are subject to change. All charges must be paid at the time of interment. No burial will be allowed until the purchase price of the grave and all other fees are paid.
- All interments of full burials (caskets) must be placed in a concrete vault. The City reserves the right to pre-approve any materials before burial.
- Cremains must be in a water impermeable container or vault.
- Only City of Montgomery employees are allowed to dig graves.
- The cemetery personnel shall exercise due care in making a disinterment, but shall assume no liability for the damage to any casket, outer container or their contents incurred while making the disinterment or removal.