FAQ Topic: Fire Department FAQs

Do I need a carbon monoxide monitor?

  It is highly recommended that homeowners have at least one carbon monoxide monitor per floor in their homes, including basements.  You can buy carbon monoxide monitors at many local retailers.  Consult your users guide for instructions on placement and maintenance.

Is open burning permitted?

Open burning is prohibited in the City of Montgomery and is enforced by the Southwestern Ohio Air Pollution Control Agency and the Montgomery Police Department. Bonfires are allowed by permit only through the Montgomery Fire Department. For more information or to apply for a permit, call the Montgomery Fire Department at 513-985-1633. 

How do I obtain a reflective address sign from the city?

Reflective Address Signs Signs are $10 each. If a post is needed, there is an additional $5 charge. These fees include installation. Installation is normally made within 7-10 days. To find out more about reflective address signs, please contact the Fire Department by calling 513-985-1633 or by filling out an Address Sign Form.

Close window