Swim Team Divisions
**Do to space limitations related to the pandemic, the Mini Makos and the Junior Makos will not occur in 2021.**
Mini Makos – Ages 4-6
- Practice: Two days per week, Mondays and Wednesdays, from 10:15 –11:45 a.m. for six weeks, June 8 through July 15.
- Competition: Participants finish with a ‘race’ in mid-July, date to be determined.
- Cost: $60 for 12 practices. Pool membership required.
- Maximum of 12 participants, minimum of 4, needed by June 1, 2020.
Junior Makos – Ages 5-10
The Junior Swim Team provides an opportunity to have more swimmers participate on the team and offers the swimmer and parent the ability to participate with a lesser commitment as compared to the Makos Team.
- Practice: Two days a week, Tues and Thur, 10:15 – 11:00 a.m.
- Competition:1-2 home mini meets – date and time TBD. Plus, any Invitationals you choose – date/time TBD. There is a fee to participate in each invitational.
- Cost: $75 per swimmer. Parents are asked to volunteer one time.
- Pool membership is required.
- No service deposit required.
Montgomery Makos – Ages 5-18
The Montgomery Makos Swim Team accommodates a team of 120 members ages 5 to 18.
- Practice: Summer practices run between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. for one hour, depending on age and skill level.
- Competition: The swim team is a member of the Tri-County Swim League and will be participating in six to seven season meets, local swim invitationals and league championships. Participants must be able to swim 25 meters freestyle, submerge, feel comfortable in deep water and be a current member of the municipal pool. Team size is limited to 120 members with a certain maximum of swimmers per age group (5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-17).
- The team will be staffed by a full-time coach, assistant coach and a part-time coach as well as an adequate number of lifeguards on duty for all team practice and home meets. Coaches returning for the 2019 season include: Jessi, Erich, Madison, Noah and Luke. New head co-coach, Regan, will also join this talented coaching team.
- Note to Parents: Parents are as important to the team as the swimmers!! At least one parent from each family is required to volunteer at a minimum of five events throughout the season.
- Cost: $115 for the first swimmer and $90 for additional swimmers in the family.
- Pool membership and a $75 service hour deposit are also required. Special pricing for teen swimmers available.