Thank you for your interest in the City of Montgomery’s Service and Engagement Grant. The Service and Engagement Grant aims to provide a fair and consistent method of establishing grant funding for community groups or organizations that have the ideas and skills necessary to execute creative community projects to benefit and engage citizens in the City of Montgomery.
Service to the community is defined as providing a beneficial service, project, or event that engages or improves the quality of life of Montgomery residents.
The City of Montgomery is a local government agency with the mission of “Working together to strengthen our premier community.” As this mission statement states, it takes a partnered approach to provide services to a community, and this grant is one opportunity for Montgomery service organizations to partner with the City for the benefit of our community.
- All projects must be a creative effort to address an identified issue and build on assets in the community to improve conditions and enhance the quality of life in Montgomery.
- The project must have a clearly defined and measurable outcome for success.
- Projects should encourage increased involvement of residents in neighborhood or community activities. Community wellness projects, such as mental wellness, healthy eating, healthy living, and exercise, are encouraged.
- Grantees are encouraged to publicize their project/activity to spread the word about this grant and the good work that they are doing for the community.
- The City of Montgomery will generally award grants for specific projects rather than operating costs.
Eligible grantees are limited to those not-for-profit or civic organizations, educational organizations, neighborhood associations, or religious organizations serving the Montgomery community. Requests will not be considered from organizations that discriminate based on race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin or veteran status. The grant cannot fund commercial or charitable activities that are not directly of service within the City of Montgomery. Special consideration will be given to joint applications submitted by more than one group working together.
Grant applications must be submitted by March 1 of each year to be considered in that year’s grant cycle. As a matter of fairness to all applicants, no exceptions to the deadline will be made. Award notifications will be made to applicants within 60 days of March 1.
The Montgomery City Council must authorize all grants. All grant applications will be reviewed by City Staff and awarded by City Council. Any funds remaining shall be returned to the City consistent with the grant guidelines. Applicants should recognize the City of Montgomery for the support provided through this grant.
2024 Grant Funding
A maximum of $2,500 will be awarded in any given year.
The decision to continue funding the Service and Engagement Grant is subject to the appropriation of funds for such purpose by the Montgomery City Council. Funding for the Service and Engagement Grant may be modified or suspended during times of economic downturn when revenue sources for the City are reduced and/or by City Council consistent with the adopted budget.
Grant Process Timeline
- Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. March 1, 2024
- Grant award notification: April 30, 2024
City of Montgomery