If I want to appeal the Magistrate’s decision, what do I do?

If you are not satisfied with the decision of the Court, you have the right, under certain rules, to appeal to a higher Court. When a valid appeal bond is filed, your case will be transferred to the Hamilton County Municipal Court. You are then entitled to a new trial before a different judge or jury.

If you wish to ask for a review of the Court’s decision, you should advise the Clerk of the Court before you pay any fine levied, and immediately consult an attorney to assist you.

Close window