This event is free and makes it convenient for families to dispose of various unwanted items.
What Can I Bring?
The City accepts cardboard, metal and plastic plant containers on a monthly basis. These items will be accepted during this event as well.
This year the Environmental Advisory Commission will be partnering with Batteries Plus to accept alkaline household batteries. Batteries that will be accepted at the event are as follows:
No other batteries will be accepted at this event.
We thank Goodwill Industries, Matthew 25 Ministries, Operation Give Back, and Habitat for Humanity for partnering with us again this year. To see a full list of items these vendors will accept and not accept, please click on the following tabs.
What NOT to Bring
Hazardous household materials such as car and truck batteries, chlorine, gas, oil, engine degreasers, etc. will not be accepted during this event.
Light Bulbs of any kind will not be accepted during this event.
There will be no shredding services at this event.
What They Will Accept:
- Clothes/Shoes (Gently used)
- Electronics (in working order)
What They Will NOT Accept:
- Electronics: CRT Computer Monitors, Box (Tube) Style Televisions
- Large Appliances: Washers/Dryers, Dishwashers, Air Conditioners, Stoves, Refrigerators, Water Heaters, Dehumidifiers/Humidifiers
- Furniture: Of any kind, Mattresses/Box Springs, Pianos
- Infant/Child Items: Baby Swings, High Chairs, Infant Car Seats, Strollers, Damaged Toys, Cribs/Playpens/Pack and Plays
- Construction/Building Supplies/Automotive: Masonry/Bricks/Concrete, Plumbing Supplies, Indoor/Outdoor Lighting Fixtures, Doors, Screens, Pools/Tubs, Windows, Cabinetry, Awnings, Sheds, Lockers, Carpet, Swing Sets, Batteries, Tires, Car Parts
- Hazardous Waste/Chemical: Paints/Stains/Varnishes/Lacquers, Acids/Solvents/Shellacs/Thinners/Glues, Flammable Liquids, Propane/Gas Tanks, Fuel Kerosene, Household/Industrial Cleaners, Pesticides/Herbicides/Insecticide, Fungicide/Processed Chemicals, Coal/Tar/Pitch, Catalysts/Fiberglass, Benzene/Solders, Adhesives/Water Treatment, Aerosols/Lead/Asbestos, Lye/Etching Agents/Dusts, Resins/Degreasers
- Miscellaneous: Hangers, Encyclopedias, Live Animals, Food, Large Console TV, Rear Projection TV, Tube Style TV, CRT Computer Monitors
- Exercise Equipment
Matthew 25 Ministries
Acrylic/Latex Paint cans that are at least 1/3 full-WATER BASED ONLY IN ORIGINAL CONTAINERS WITH LABELS ON CANS, Empty pill and vitamin bottles with labels removed.
Will NOT Accept
Oil-based paint, Stains, Lacquers, Polyurethanes and Aerosol paint bottles.
Operation Give Back
- New School Supplies
- Gently used Sycamore Aves, Princeton Schools, College and Pro team spiritwear
- Gently Used/New Winter Coats(Children and Teen only)
- New Mittens
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Small Working Appliances (No refrigerators, stoves, ovens, dishwashers, washers, dryers)
- Furniture-Gently used (Representatives reserve the right to refuse furniture that is considered in poor shape)
- Construction and remodeling Supplies
- Cabinets and vanities
- Unblemished hardwood flooring (in unopened boxes)
- Ceramic Tile (in unopened boxes)
- Lamps and lighting fixtures with mounting hardware
- Drywall (full sheets)
- Plywood (full sheets)
- Roofing shingles (packaged and unopened)
- Tools (working) and hardware
- Tables and Chairs
Will NOT Accept
- Large appliances
- Baby Items or toys
- Blinds, Drapes, Window treatments
- Chemicals – Paint thinner, pesticides, fertilizers, and other toxic, hazardous chemicals
- Computer Monitors
- Entertainment centers
- Faucets made before 2013
- Fluorescent and CFL bulbs and fixtures
- Gym and exercise equipment
- Mattresses & box springs
- Unframed glass or mirrors
- Used glass shower doors
- Used metal office desks, used wood desks over 48″ , and office partitions/cubicle
- Used paint
- Water beds or hot tubs