The One-Stop-Drop for Responsible Recycling and Document Destruction Day held on Saturday, September 26, was a record-breaking success!
By the numbers:
- 317 – vehicles participated (the most ever!)
- 400 – gallons of paint were collected for Matthew 25 Ministries
- 8000 – pounds of paper were collected and shredded by Royal Document Destruction (This after 15,000 – pounds were shredded in June!)
- 1 – 1/2 dumpsters of cardboard were collected
- 1 – 16’ Box Truck was filled for Habitat for Humanity’s Restore
- 1 ½ – 26” Box Trucks were filled for Goodwill Industries
- 471 – pounds of alkaline batteries were collected for recycling
School supplies and gently used coats and mittens were also donated to Operation Give Back.
We thank our participating partners: Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity Restore, Matthew 25 Ministries, and Operation Give Back for their help and charitable efforts. We also thank Royal Document Destruction for their participation.
Thank you for participating! And special thanks to the following Environmental Advisory Commission members and volunteers – Mark Laskovics , Donna Schwartz, Mary Ann Folz, Alice Aguilar, Elaine Cohen, Greg Broderick, Carol Suer, Nathan Lehrer, Doug Lehrer, David Schrank, Kaia Heitkamp, Madison McCown, and Paige Walker!