The Public Works Department is responsible for:
- maintenance of buildings and grounds, including City parks and four landmark buildings
- beautification efforts throughout the community, including Montgomery’s Heritage District
- maintaining 47 centerline miles of public streets
- storm sewer system in the public rights-of-way
- Montgomery Community Pool
- fleet maintenance
- operation of the Hopewell Cemetery
Department staff inspects and administers construction and maintenance of the City’s infrastructure through publicly bid contracts as well as through project coordination with other public agencies and utilities.
The Public Works Department strives to provide high-quality, cost-effective, timely, and sustainable services focused on maintaining safe and reliable infrastructure. The Public Works Department focuses on improving public safety by providing for the safe and orderly movement of people and products throughout the community while simultaneously seeking opportunities to protect the environment and improve the quality of life for present and future residents and businesses.
Public Works is also responsible for our Parks & Recreation programs.