Now that the weather is warmer, it is a perfect time to get out and enjoy the Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA). This new initiative allows patrons 21+ to purchase alcoholic beverages in a designated cup from participating businesses and carry the beverages within a defined area in downtown Montgomery and at The Marketplace.
What businesses are participating?
- Board and Brush, 7831 Cooper Road
- Montgomery Inn, 9440 Montgomery Road
- Montgomery Public House, 7880 Remington Road
- The Corner Pub, 7833 Cooper Road
- The Belle and the Bear, 8512 Market Place Lane
- Village Tavern, 9390 Montgomery Road
What are the rules?
- DORA hours are Monday through Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday from 5:00 p.m. to midnight, Saturday from noon to midnight, and Sunday from noon to 9:00 p.m.
- A plastic, reusable, designated cup is to be used for alcoholic beverages within the DORA. DORA cups can be purchased at participating establishments for a nominal fee.
- Participating DORA businesses will be identified by a DORA window cling.
- A map indicating the boundaries of the DORA is on the City’s DORA Page.
Patronizing the DORA is a great way to support local businesses while enjoying a refreshing beverage in warmer weather. Stay tuned for some fun events in the DORA this summer/fall! Full details can be found here.