We are so glad that you are interested in the Family Volunteer challenge. We hope that by participating, you will make some family memories and instill in your children the importance of caring for your community and the people in it!
Take pictures as you complete your chosen activities. Send your completed card and the pictures to Wendy Grethel email@example.com by March 31.
For 6 completed activities, your family will have one chance to win a Montgomery Pool Pass
For 9 completed activities, your family will get two chances to enter into the drawing.
Download your Family Volunteer Challenge card here!
Volunteer Challenge Ideas
We hope these ideas and links will help you complete your volunteer activities:
- Do something nice for a neighbor (bake cookies, shovel walkway, rake leaves, etc.)
- Leave a note of cheer: (post-it-notes, sidewalk chalk, leave homemade bookmarks in books at library, Painting Happy Rocks)
- Donate food to a food pantry: NEEDS, OGB, Matthew 25 Ministries, Montgomery Food Share
- Donate gently used toys, clothing, or household items - Wishlist items: Matthew 25 Ministries, New Life Furniture (scroll to bottom of page)
- Volunteer at a charitable organization or animal shelter - Please contact them before going: The list is at the bottom of our Volunteer Page
- Pick up litter.
- Donate items on an animal shelter wish list: Heartt Animal Refuge OR Make homemade treats or toys and donate to the SPCA, Treats for Dogs, Treats for Cats, Dog Toy.
- Make and send cards (NO glitter or confetti, please) to local care facilities or send them to soldiers or wounded veterans:
Meadowbrook Care Center; 8211 Weller Rd.; Montgomery, Ohio 45242
Care Core; Care of Beth Luken; 7777 Cooper Road; Montgomery, Ohio 45242
Hugs For Soldiers, Heartillery, America's Adopt A Soldier, Soldiers' Angels
- Donate hygiene products or school supplies: NEEDS, OGB, Mathew 25 Ministries
- Make a no-sew fleece blanket for Project Linus ("Make a Blanket Day" is February 18) - Instructions: No Sew Blanket 1 No Sew Blanket 2
Blanket drop-off location: Kramer's Sew & Vac, 9907 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45242; phone: 513-891-5005
- Do a random act of kindness. February 12-18 is Random Acts of Kindness Week: ideas
- Give an unexpected gift.